It dates back to the 12th century, as does the neighbouring hermitage of Sant Joaquim d'Olivars, and was extended between 1594 and 1633, when it reached its current proportions. The restoration was carried out using the finest authentic materials, notably "Girona stone" (which contains small fossils known as nummulites) and the supporting vaults.

Although only 1 km from the N-II main road,
can FONT is in a completely rural setting,
surrounded by woods and fields which are home to eagles, squirrels, genets, badgers, rabbits, wild boar and other species.

Dining: At can FONT we aim to offer traditional home cooking, using only the finest, freshest local ingredients.

We are particularly proud of the traditional cured meats of Medinyà, our stews and roast meats.

 
 
map